Západoslovenské múzeum v Trnave

The Church

You are here

Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary

 

The church began to be built with the monastery soon after the arrival of the Clares to Trnava. It was originally dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. It has one nave with a straight  end of the presbytery. During renovations in the 17th century a tower was added to the church and the nave was extended by a ground-level refectory and increased oratory (choir loft for nuns). A rich stucco relief decoration of the oratory was  made in 1690 by ​​the painter Carlo Antonio Neurone. An entrance forged gate fitted in the old Gothic portal comes from the 18th century.

In 1996 the oratory was restored and in 2006 the exterior of the church tower was renovated.

Kostol Nanebovzatia Panny Márie, r. 1947
Kostol Nanebovzatia Panny Márie
Oratórium, 1947
Oratórium, 2010
Rekonštrukcia veže kostola v roku 2006
Rekonštrukcia veže kostola v roku 2006
Rekonštrukcia veže kostola v roku 2006
Rekonštrukcia veže kostola v roku 2006
Veža kostola po rekonštrukcii, 2006